What We Do
The NSW Crime Commission's key function is to investigate matters relating to criminal activity or serious crime within NSW that have been referred to it by the Management Committee for investigation. The Commission also administers the Criminal Assets Recovery Act 1990.
The Commission’s Management Committee comprises:
- an independent Chairperson appointed by the Minister
- the Commissioner of NSW Police
- the Chair of the Board of the Australian Criminal and Intelligence Commission
- the Commissioner for the NSW Crime Commission
- the Secretary of the Department of Justice or a senior executive of that Department nominated by the Secretary
Operational teams are spread across two primary divisions: the Criminal Investigations Division and the Financial Investigations Division.